Sunday, June 30, 2013

Self-Grading Form

Once again, I thoroughly enjoyed the Self-Grading Assignment and can see the importance.  The YouTube link really helped me to understand how to use the spreadsheet and formulas to do self-grading.  Google provides users with TONS of free programs/tools that are innovative.  I have been utilizing these tools through this course and now am developing classroom tools that also enable students to utilize their computer skills.  I developed a vocabulary pre- and post- test/quiz.  My students will be asked to take this test prior to reading the book Walk Two Moons.  I will then take the data from the pre-test and determine what words will be my "power words."  Which words do a majority of my students NOT know.  We will then focus on these words.  Once we are done reading and learning from the vocabulary, students will be asked to take the post-test.  I will then analyze the data and determine if my student "grew" or not.  Which students did not grasp the vocabulary? 

This assignment met a number of ISTE NETS standards: 1c, 2d, 3a, 3c, 3d, 5c, and 5d. This activity taught me how to promote student reflection and record their understanding of concepts. Through this activity I was also able to demonstrate fluency in technology by converting my current knowledge to a new technology, communicate relevant information in a digital format, model information using digital-age media and formats (i.e., Internet, Google Docs, forms, surveys, blog). Finally, I was able evaluate and reflect on current professional practice to make effective use of existing digital tools, as well as engage in professional growth.  <3 Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment