Friday, June 21, 2013

Digital Movies from Powerpoint


Photo Story 3 for Windows is awesome!   

Hello (:  I must say that this assignment was particularly interesting to me.  I spent A LOT of extra time doing my movie and am very, very pleased with the outcome.  I found it fairly easy to figure out how everything worked together.  PhotoStory3 is a great download.  I can think of endless possibilities for this in the classroom.  My students could design their own storybooks.  I was thinking this would be ideal for a higher-level group project.  Outcome: Students design and develop their own digital videos.  ISTE NETS Standards #1: I will facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity.  As a user of the technology, I will promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.  The 2nd standard states that one will design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote students learning, as well as, develop technology rich learning environments (according to their diverse learning styles).  Standard #3 states that the teacher will exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional global and digital society.  I can now annotate and upload my own YouTube videos relevant to my interests!  How 2013!! (:  Finally, standard #5 states that professionals will participate in local and global learning communities, exhibit leaderships, and contribute to the effectiveness, vitality, and self renewal of the teaching profession and of their school and community.  I thoroughly enjoyed this assignment!  Great resource!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment